Quidnick Reservoir Dam Improvements – Coventry, RI
Client: YMCA of Pawtucket
660 Roosevelt Avenue
Completion Date: 2016
Total Project Value: $540,000
Relevant Project Features:
• Prepared a Visual Inspection Report
• Provided repair recommendations
• Performed a Geotechnical Investigation
• Performed a Wetlands Survey
• Performed Topographic and Bathymetric Surveys
• Performed Detailed Stability Analyses
• Designed a Counterweight Berm and Raised Crest
• Prepared RIDEM Permit Application
• Prepared Plans and Specifications for Bidding and Construction
• Provided Bidding Assistance
• Provided Construction Phase Services
RT Group, Inc. (RTG) was retained by the YMCA of Pawtucket to perform a visual inspection of the Quidnick Reservoir Dam. The YMCA had previously received a Notice of Violation (NOV) from RIDEM requiring an inspection by a qualified Professional Engineer.
Accordingly, RTG conducted a full RIDEM file review of the dam and performed a visual inspection. RTG then prepared a Visual Inspection Report that summarized the findings, and provided repair recommendations and implementation schedules.
Upon review of the report, the YMCA retained RTG to perform the design of the Phase 1 repairs which included performing detailed stability analyses, designing a counterweight berm, and elevating the crest of the dam to provide sufficient freeboard above the design flood.
Following design, RTG prepared plans and specifications for permitting, bidding, and construction. After award of the Construction Contract, RTG provided Construction Phase Services including performing construction observation, attending regular progress meetings, and performing submittal review.
Search Our Site
RTG has an engineering staff that is professionally registered in Rhode Island, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin, New York, Louisiana and Vermont.